Grades 1 to 6
We have a school-wide instructional focus in the area of Literacy across the curriculum, using Balanced Literacy, 6+1 Writing Traits, and Literacy/Numeracy Interventions as the foundational blocks for instruction.
Full Day Kindergarten
Basic Goals and Objectives of the Full Day Kindergarten Program
The Kindergarten program is based on the beliefs that:
- All children develop at individual rates through similar stages.
- Children are social and keen to learn and benefit from working with peers.
- Children learn through organized activities, purposeful play, and through cooperating with their peers.
- Parent support is key as they are their child’s first teacher.
The main components of the Kindergarten Program are:
- Early Literacy and Numeracy
- Personal and Social Responsibility
- Community and Environmental Awareness
- Physical Skills and Well-Being
- Creative and Cultural Expression
More inforamtion is available at http://www.epsb.ca/programs/earlyyears/full-daykindergarten/